The Health Law practice provides a full range of legal services to health care providers, including, but not limited to, federally qualified health centers, community mental health centers, physicians and physician groups, hospitals and health systems, and integrated networks, as well as other health care organizations, including Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), Independent Practice Associations (IPAs), Management Services Organizations (MSOs), state Maternal and Child Health (MCH) agencies, and employer health benefit plans. In addition, the Health Law practice provides comprehensive corporate counsel services to state and national health care trade and professional associations (including state Primary Care Associations (PCAs)), health care advocacy organizations, and other charitable organizations.
- Medicaid and Medicare providers and suppliers
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
- Non-profit health systems and hospitals
- Networks of safety net health care providers
- Medicaid managed care organizations
- Behavioral health providers
- National and state primary care associations
- State maternal and child health agencies
- Homeless health care providers
- Family planning agencies
- Formation of provider organizations (including federally qualified health centers (FQHCs)), integrated delivery systems, provider networks, practice management networks, managed care organizations, multi-provider joint ventures and contractual affiliations between various types of health care providers.
- Establishing residency training programs in non-hospital settings consistent with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education requirements.
- Providing transactional representation, including, but not limited to, formation and agreements for multi-provider affiliations/joint ventures, general contracting, and residency training agreements.
- Providing legal assistance to health care providers and provider-based consortia in securing federal and state grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts.
- Providing a full range of health care corporate compliance counseling services for the development, evaluation, implementation, operation, and support of effective compliance programs.
- Assessment of compliance with applicable federal laws and regulation, including, but not limited to, Anti-Kickback, Stark, False Claims Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), antitrust laws, and tax.
- Reviewing and analyzing federal and state statutes, regulations and government/industry guidance and policies affecting the health care industry and drafting issue briefs, memoranda, advisory opinion requests, etc., regarding the same.
- Representing providers in defense of government audits and investigations.
For more information about our Health Law practice, please contact Jacki Leifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.