Laura G. Hoffman
Laura G. Hoffman practices in the areas of health care law, corporate compliance, and federal grants. She counsels a wide variety of health care clients, including federally qualified health centers and other private and public health care providers, on contracting, regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse, and reimbursement matters. She also provides counsel on various transactional matters, including but not limited to, general contracting, employment agreements, business associates, and residency training programs.
Ms. Hoffman currently serves as the Interim Associate Compliance Officer large, multi-site community health center in the metropolitan Washington area. In that role, she provides new employee compliance trainings, investigates reports of potential compliance issues, and conducts risk assessments.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Hoffman worked primarily in the field of human rights and global health. Highlights include working in China to help implement a National Institute of Health- and Gates Foundation-sponsored study concerning vaccine trials; providing social and legal assistance to trafficked women in Beirut, Lebanon; drafting a House Concurrent Resolution on women and climate change; and obtaining asylum for a young Iraqi refugee.
- Villanova University Public Interest Scholar and Fellowship Recipient
- Recipient of the Villanova Dorothy Day Award for Pro Bono Service
- George Washington University Presidential Scholar
- George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Sciences
Award for Academic Excellence Recipient and Distinguished Scholar
- Maryland Bar Association, Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Member
- Women's Information Network, Member
- The Seven Elements of an Effective Compliance Program, Ryan White Program Grantee Meeting, Nov. 2012 (co-presenter).
- Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Corporate Compliance, George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services and College of Professional Studies, 2012 - Present.
- Guest lecturer on human trafficking and migrant domestic workers at Villanova University, 2006.
- Laura G. Hoffman, Issue Briefs and Articles on Various Compliance Related Topics for Community Health Centers, Compliance Connection (20011 - present).
- Laura G. Hoffman, Issue Briefs and Articles on Various Compliance Related Topics for Community Behavioral Health Organizations, Compliance Watch (2011 - present).
- Laura G. Hoffman, At the Bar: CMS Publishes Final Rule on Medicare Shared Savings Program and ACOs, The Community Health F. Mag. (Fall/Winter 2011).
- Laura G. Hoffman (Co-Author), How Long Does Your Money Last?, J. Nat’l Grants Mgmt. Ass’n, (Spring 2010).
- Oxfam America (Legal Fellow)
- Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights (Legal Fellow)