Nicole M. Bacon
Nicole M. Bacon practices in the areas of federal grants law and litigation, with a special emphasis on federal administrative law and federally-funded programs. She represents clients in trial courts, appellate courts, and administrative tribunals on matters relating to, among other things, Medicaid reimbursement, Federal Tort Claims Act coverage, and federal grant audits.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Bacon was a legal aid staff attorney for almost five years with Legal Services of Northern Virginia and Rappahannock Legal Services. As a staff attorney, Ms. Bacon represented low income clients, including Spanish speaking clients, in family law, housing, and consumer matters. She continues to serve low income clients by volunteering as a pro bono attorney with Legal Services of Northern Virginia.
She obtained a B.A. in Psychology with a minor in Spanish from the University of Virginia, and later earned her J.D. from American University Washington College of Law. Ms. Bacon is licensed to practice law in Virginia, as well as the U.S. Fourth Circuit, and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Federal Bar Association, DC Chapter Board of Directors
- Alexandria Bar Association, Young Lawyers Committee Chair (2006-2008)
- Northern Virginia Black Attorneys' Association
- Legal Services of Northern Virginia, Attorney (2008 - present)
- Legal Services of Northern Virginia, Staff Attorney (2004 - 2008)
- Rappahannock Legal Services, Staff Attorney (2004)
- Brooklyn, New York