Robert A. Graham
Robert A. Graham is a partner in the firm's appeals, litigation, and federal grants law practice groups. He works primarily on matters involving; trial and appellate litigation, administrative advocacy (federal grants counseling, cost disallowance and termination appeals), affordable housing/community development, and nonprofit corporate and tax counseling.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Graham was associated with a law firm specializing in the representation of affordable housing providers. From 1997 to 1998, he served as judicial clerk to the Honorable Eugene E. Siler, Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Prior to his clerkship, Mr. Graham was a staff attorney for the Center for Auto Safety, a noted consumer advocacy organization, in Washington, D.C.
Mr. Graham's litigation experience has been largely in the areas of civil rights (Section 1983/Bivens defense), fair housing, and administrative law. He has briefed and argued a number of cases in federal circuit courts of appeals nation-wide, and has also served as counsel of record for amici curiae in two matters before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Graham received his A.B. Cum Laude from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and his J.D. from the University of Michigan, where he was a contributing editor on the Michigan Law Review.
- Robert A. Graham (Co-Author), Clinical Research Compliance Manual, Chapter 5 Overview of Federal Grants Administration (Aspen Publishers 2006).
- Robert A. Graham (Co-Author), Clinical Research Compliance Manual, Chapter 7 Key Grants Management and Accounting Issues (Aspen Publishers 2006).
- Robert A. Graham (Co-Author), Note, The Constitution, The Legislature, and Unfair Surprise: Toward a Reliance-Based Approach to the Contract Clause, 92 Mich. L. Rev. 398 (1993).
- El Rio Santa Cruz Neighborhood Health Ctr., Inc., v. HHS, 396 F.3d 1265 (D.C.Cir. 2005).
- Darst-Webbe Tenant Ass'n Bd. v. St. Louis Housing Auth., 417 F.3d 898 (8th Cir. 2005).
- Pollard v. United States, et al., 2006 WL 250715 (4th Cir. 2006).
- Dr. Jose S. Belaval, Inc. v. Perez-Perdomo, 465 F.3d 33 (1st Cir. 2006).
- Dr. Jose S. Belaval, Inc. v. Perez-Perdomo, 488 F.3d 11 (1st Cir. 2007).
- Murray v. Gilmore, 231 F.Supp. 2d 82 (D.D.C. 2002).
- Reno & Cavanaugh, PLLC, Associate (1998 - 2003)
- Hon. Eugene Siler, Jr., U.S. Ct. of Appeals - 6th Circuit, Judicial Clerk (1997 - 1998)
- Center for Auto Safety, Staff Attorney (1994 - 1997)
- Coral Gables, Florida