Marty has dedicated his entire career to serving the needs of health centers both inside government and out. From 1998 through 2004, Marty directed the Health Center Federal Tort Claims Act medical malpractice program, writing much of the policy that is in effect today. Serving in an of counsel role for the firm, Marty’s clients benefit from that government experience.
Marty understands government/health center relationships and advises clients on appropriate courses of action. He assists health center clients on the entire scope of matters related to the FTCA, such as completing applications, incorporating the FTCA into compliance programs, expanding the scope of project and preparing for litigation if that becomes necessary.
- Development of policies and procedures necessary for a successful FTCA Deeming Application.
- Preparing Reconsideration Requests when FTCA coverage is denied.
- Assisting health centers in developing relationships with other institutions while maintaining FTCA coverage.
Prior to joining the firm Marty was a Commissioned Officer of the U. S. Public Health Service (PHS) from 1976 to 2004. He started his career in the PHS Philadelphia Regional Office as a project officer working with health centers and the National Health Service Corps. During his career he held various positions in the PHS Philadelphia, New York, Chicago and Kansas City Regional Offices.
When he retired from public health service after 30 years, Marty co-founded and was the Senior Partner in the Triton Group, LLC. The Triton Group provided technical assistance to health centers, HRSA, and other federal and state agencies on issues related to medical malpractice, risk management and the FTCA program.
Marty has also served as a disaster manager during numerous national emergencies. Before joining the Public Health Service, he served as an officer in the U.S. Army.
Health centers are often concerned about maintaining their grants and FTCA deeming in the face of considerable legal challenges. Marty’s knowledgeable counsel equips them to respond effectively and continue serving their communities.
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICE AWARDS
- Secretary’s Award for Distinguished Service 2002
- HRSA Administrators Award for Excellence 1998
U.S. PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE AWARDS
- Distinguished Service Medal 2004
- Outstanding Service Medal 1981
- Commendation Medal 1979, 1990, 1993
- Achievement Medal 1982
- Citation 1984, 1991, 1998
- Outstanding Unit Commendation 1981
- Unit Citation 1981, 1989, 1992, 1996, 1999, 2001
- Special Assignment Award 1981, 1992
- Hazardous Duty Award 1982
- Crisis Response Award 1992, 1993
U.S. ARMY AWARDS
- Commendation Medal 1976
- National Defense Service Medal 1974
- Humanitarian Service Medal 1981
DEPARTMENT OF STATE AWARDS
- Meritorious Service Citation 1981
- Senior Partner, Triton Group LLC 2004 – 2010
- US Public Health Service, CAPT, 1976 – 2004
- U.S. Army, 1LT 1974 – 1976