Committed to providing value-driven legal and compliance support for K-12 school districts across the country.
We understand the unique issues facing elementary and secondary schools, including funding and federal financial assistance, civil rights compliance, privacy concerns, mandatory reporting and constitutional rights.
Drawing on FTLF’s diverse experience in education, our K-12 team provides public and private institutions with skillful and cost-effective legal counsel, so schools can concentrate on serving their students and communities.
FTLF’s Education group provides legal and compliance services to individual charter, virtual and private schools, charter school networks, charter and education management organizations, school districts and other education organizations that partner with elementary and secondary schools on a wide range of issues, including:
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- CARES Act Funding and Disaster Relief
- Equal Educational Opportunities Act (EEOA)
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Title VI – Nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color and national origin
- Title VII – Indian, Native American and Alaska Native education
- Title IX – Nondiscrimination on the basis of sex in federally assisted programs