A native of New York, Eugene R. Fidell graduated in 1965 from Queens College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and in 1968 from Harvard Law School. His practice areas include federal administrative law and appeals and military justice, a field in which he frequently serves as a commentator for national and foreign news media.
In addition to his practice at Feldesman Tucker, Mr. Fidell is Adjunct Professor of Law at NYU Law School and Senior Research Scholar at Yale Law School and editor of the leading international military justice blog, Global Military Justice Reform. He lives in New Haven.
- United States v. Lee, 66 M.J. 390 (C.A.A.F. 2008)
- Miller v. Department of the Navy, 476 F.3d 936 (D.C. Cir. 2007).
- Piersall v. Winter, 435 F.3d (D.C. Cir. 2006).
- Brooks v. United States, 65 Fed Cl. 135 (2005).
- Quinton v. United States, 64 Fed. Cl. 118 (2005).
- United States v. Beyer, NMCM 200201128 (N.M.C.C.A. 2005).
- Wagner v. United States, 365 F.3d 1358 (Fed. Cir. 2004).
- Barnes v. United States, 57 Fed. Cl. 204 (2003).
- LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae, L.L.P. v. Abraham, 347 F.3d 315 (D.C. Cir. 2003).
- Cummings v. Department of the Navy, 279 F. 3d 1051 (D.C. Cir. 2002).
- Nolan v. United States, 44 Fed. Cl. 49 (1999).
- Rolader v. United States, 42 Fed. Cl. 782 (1999).
- Robinson v. Dalton, 45 F.Supp. 2d 1 (D.D.C. 1998).
- Frizelle v. Slater, 111 F. 3d 172 (D.C. Cir. 1997).
- Detweiler v. Pena, 38 F. 3d 591 (D.C. Cir. 1994).
- Pellegrin & Levine v. Antoine, 961 F.2d 277 (D.C. Cir. 1992).
- Wilkinson v. Wilkinson, 785 F. Supp. 1037 (D.D.C. 1992).
- Wilkinson v. Wilkinson, 986 F.2d 546 (D.C. Cir. 1992).
- Sherwood v. Washington Post, 871 F.2d 1144 (D.C. Cir. 1989).
- Mondy v. Sec’y of the Army, 845 F. 2d 1051 (D.C. Cir. 1988).
- Krzeminski v. United States, 13 Cl. Ct. 430 (1987).
- Sills v. Bureau of Prisons, 761 F.2d 792 (D.C. Cir. 1985).
- Doninger Metal Prods. Corp. v. U.S. Postal Serv., 41 Fed. Contr. Rep. (BNA) 210 (D.D.C. 1984).
- Washingtonian Magazine, Top Lawyer (2007)
- Selected to the Washington, DC, Super Lawyers list – Military / Veterans Law (2019-2023)
- Judicial Award for Public Service, United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (1997)
- Alan Barth Service Award, ACLU of the National Capital Area (1993)
- Eugene R. Fidell, Co-Editor, COVID-19: The Legal Challenges, Carolina Academic Press (2020, forthcoming)
- Eugene R. Fidell & Dwight H. Sullivan, Guide to the Rules of Practice and Procedure for the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 19th edition (2020)
- Eugene R. Fidell et al., Military Justice: Cases and Materials, 3rd edition (2020)
- Eugene R. Fidell & Franklin D. Rosenblatt, Military Court Rules of the United States, 5th edition (2019)
- Eugene R. Fidell, Military Justice: A Very Short Introduction, Oxford University Press (2016)
- Adjunct Professor of Law, NYU Law School
- Florence Rogatz Visiting Lecturer in Law and Senior Research Scholar, Yale Law School
- Adjunct Professor, American University Washington College of Law
- Visiting Lecturer, Harvard Law School