Jonathan M. Dana
For the person going through a family crisis like divorce, it can be difficult to think strategically. Empathetic and understanding, Jonathan Dana helps clients work through their emotions to make sound decisions for the future. As a trusted advisor, Jonathan engages clients in a business-like approach to decision-making, analyzing costs and benefits to arrive at pragmatic solutions.
With more than 30 years of experience in family law, Jonathan has developed wide-ranging expertise. Clients appreciate Jonathan’s vast knowledge of complex property and support issues. Jonathan’s clientele features the city’s top attorneys, lobbyists and corporate professionals as well as their spouses.
Jonathan is widely recognized for his high ethical standards and his commitment to achieving resolution without exacerbating family conflict. An adept communicator and problem solver, Jonathan settles the majority of cases through negotiation, mediation, or the collaborative law process. But when litigation is necessary to bring matters to resolution, Jonathan excels as a skilled advocate in the courtroom.
Jonathan has been continually recognized as a leader in family law. He has been named to the Washingtonian Magazine’s List of Top Divorce Lawyers for over a decade. Jonathan is consistently selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers.
Jonathan is always available to take your call to learn more about your unique situation and priorities.
- Compton v. Hutchins – Lead counsel on precedent setting case clarifying the definition of joint custody in the District of Columbia.
- Best Lawyers in America© (2006-2022)
- Selected to the Washington, DC, Super Lawyers list – Family Law (2008-2022)
- Selected to the Washington, DC, Super Lawyers “Top 100 Lawyers” list – Family Law (2019-2022)
- Bethesda Magazine, Top Divorce Lawyers (2017)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Peer Review Rating™ (2022)