Martin J. Bree
Martin J. Bree has dedicated his entire career to serving the needs of health centers both inside government and out. From 1998 through 2004, Mr. Bree directed the Health Center Federal Tort Claims Act medical malpractice program, writing much of the policy that is in effect today. Serving in an of counsel role for the firm, Marty’s clients benefit from that government experience.
Mr. Bree understands government/health center relationships and advises clients on appropriate courses of action. He assists health center clients on the entire scope of matters related to the FTCA, such as completing applications, incorporating the FTCA into compliance programs, expanding the scope of project and preparing for litigation if that becomes necessary.
- Development of policies and procedures necessary for a successful Federal Tort Claims Act Deeming Application.
- Preparing Reconsideration Requests when Federal Tort Claims Act coverage is denied.
- Assisting health centers in developing relationships with other institutions while maintaining Federal Tort Claims Act coverage.
Department of Health and Human Service Awards
- Secretary’s Award for Distinguished Service (2002)
- HRSA Administrators Award for Excellence (1998)
U.S. Public Health Service Awards
- Distinguished Service Medal (2004)
- Unit Citation (1981, 1989, 1992, 1996, 1999, 2001)
- Citation (1984, 1991, 1998)
- Crisis Response Award (1992, 1993)
- Commendation Medal (1979, 1990, 1993)
- Special Assignment Award (1981, 1992)
- Achievement Medal (1982)
- Hazardous Duty Award (1982)
- Outstanding Service Medal (1981)
- Outstanding Unit Commendation (1981)
U.S. Army Awards
- Humanitarian Service Medal (1981)
- Commendation Medal (1976)
- National Defense Service Medal (1974)
Department of State Awards
- Meritorious Service Citation (1981)
- Triton Group LLC, Senior Partner (2004 – 2010)
- US Public Health Service, CAPT (1976 – 2004)
- U.S. Army, 1LT (1974 – 1976)