A partner with the firm, Michael B. Glomb practices in the Federal Grants and Health Care groups, and has over three decades of experience advising community-based organizations on a broad range of legal matters. Specifically, he offers guidance to Federally Qualified Health Centers, other federal grantees, and several professional and trade associations on the 340B drug discount program, tax exemption, grants law, and fraud matters.
Based on his knowledge of the federal 340B Drug Pricing Program, Mr. Glomb regularly assists clients in negotiating and reviewing agreements related to the provision of pharmacy services and compliance with the applicable legal requirements. He is the firm’s lead attorney for federal income tax exemption matters and advises nonprofit organizations on governance, fundraising, lobbying and political campaign activities.
Mr. Glomb also frequently writes and has led numerous trainings for organizations including the National Association of Community Health Centers. He is a Professorial Lecturer for the Department of Health Policy at the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services, where he teaches in the Graduate Certificate Program in Healthcare Corporate Compliance.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Glomb was a VISTA lawyer in southern West Virginia, and later a poverty lawyer in Charleston, West Virginia. He subsequently assisted the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania make legal services available for underserved populations. Mike has also assisted the United Mine Workers and National Legal Services Corporation establish programs for legal services.
Mr. Glomb is dedicated to offering his clients well-considered counsel and ensuring that they understand the risks and benefits of any decisions so that they can best meet their long-term goals.
- Michael B. Glomb, Joseph P. Loman, Scott S. Sheffler, Preparing for SBA Questions in the Loan Forgiveness Process, Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP (March 2021)
- Michael B. Glomb, Editor and Contributing Author, The NACHC Fraud and Abuse Manual, National Association of Community Health Centers (2004)
- Michael B. Glomb, Contributor on Tax Exemption Issues, Affiliations Between Health Centers and Other Community-Based Providers, National Association of Community Health Centers (2003)
- Michael B. Glomb, What is a Corporate Compliance Program and Why Does a Legal Services Program Need One?, Management Information Exchange Journal (Winter 2004)
- Michael B. Glomb, The Sarbanes-Oxley Act: What it Means for Health Center Board Members, Across the Board, Virginia Primary Care Association (2004)
- Michael B. Glomb, Contributor, Federal Auditing Information Service for Higher Education, National Association of College and University Business Officers (1992-2004)
- Michael B. Glomb, The Legal Obligations of Health Center Board members: Meeting the Test, Across the Board, Virginia Primary Care Association (2003)
- Michael B. Glomb, Legislative and Political Advocacy by Charitable Organizations: Operating Within the IRS Rules, Management Information Exchange Journal (Summer 2000)
- Michael B. Glomb, Community Health Forum, National Association of Community Health Centers, column on corporate governance issues (Bi-Monthly, 2000-present)
- Michael B. Glomb, Editor, Federal Auditing News, National Association of University Business Officers (Monthly, 1992-2004)
- Michael B. Glomb, Contributor, A Guide to Federal Tax Issues for Colleges and Universities, National Association of College and University Business Officers (1999)
- Michael B. Glomb, The Legal Obligations of Board Members: Meeting the Challenge, Management Information Exchange Journal (November 1998)
- Michael B. Glomb, Co-Author, The Legal Obligations of Nonprofit Boards: A Guidebook for Board Members, National Center for Nonprofit Boards, now BoardSource (1997)
- Michael B. Glomb, Legal Issues in Pediatric HIV Practice: A Handbook for Health Care Providers, National Pediatric HIV Resource Center (1992)
- Michael B. Glomb, Co-Author, Confidentiality and Medical Records: The Legal Obligations of Health Centers, National Association of Community Health Centers (1992)
- Michael B. Glomb, Co-Author, Federal Disability Discrimination Law: A Compliance Handbook for Community and Migrant Health Centers, National Association of Community Health Centers (1991)
- Michael B. Glomb, Alternative Funding Mechanisms for Legal Services Providers, Clearinghouse Review (August-September 1991)
- Michael B. Glomb, Co-Author, The Social Security Disability Income Benefits Program and Low Income Claimants in Appalachia, West Virginia Law Review (1971)