An Associate in the firm’s health care practice group, Victoria A. Felt advises health centers on privacy and confidentiality issues related to HIPAA, 42 CFR Part 2 and the 21st Century Cures Act. As a former Health Center Compliance Officer and General Counsel for a large health center network in California, Ms. Felt is well acquainted with the myriad rules and regulations surrounding FQHCs and has an inside view of the compliance and legal issues impacting FQHCs as they work to carry out their mission.
Most recently, Ms. Felt served as a privacy and regulatory attorney for the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) in the Office of Legal Services. While with the department, she advised various programs with privacy-related issues including preparing and negotiating data sharing and business associate agreements; drafting regulations related to the COVID-19 vaccine mandate for school aged children; and leading privacy breach investigations for the Department. Before joining CDPH, Ms. Felt was an attorney in private practice advising FQHCs on licensing, regulatory and compliance matters.
Ms. Felt received her J.D. from the University of Iowa College of Law while simultaneously earning a Master of Social Work from the University of Iowa School of Social Work. She is committed to community engagement, having previously served as a Board Member for Children’s Home of Stockton and Stockton Younger Women’s Taskforce, is a two-time alumnus of the AmeriCorp National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) and a current Board Member of the AmeriCorps NCCC Alumni Association.
- “Privacy Laws and Their Impacts on Social Determinants of Health” The 20th Annual Southern California Health Care Symposium (April 2021)
- “Legal Update & Compliance Hot Topics,” California Primary Care Association 2021 Health Center Compliance Symposium (February 2021)
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH) – Office of Legal Services, Privacy Attorney
- DJR Garcia, Associate Attorney
- Community Medical Centers, Inc. (CMC), Compliance Officer & General Council